Monday, March 14, 2016

I promise i'm learning something.

To start off, if you ask people what they've heard about Mormons here, they ALWAYS say Donny Osmond, it's too funny. 
Secondly, #YourWeeklyDoseOfCrazyEnglishPhrases:
hi - ay, up!
how are you? - ya alright?
they spell 'tires' with a y. example: tyres

Okay so here's the deal. I PROMISE I'M LEARNING SOMETHING OUT HERE. I feel like all my emails have been about funny stuff that's happened but I really am having such a spiritual experience out here. my favorite part of the day has to be personal study. Sometimes I wish my companion was sick so I could just stay in and read conference talks and my Book of Mormon all day long haha. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK. But sometimes it's good just to get a good pick me up from a killer conference talk. 
I have a piece of gold that I want to share with you all. It's called : Jeffrey R. Holland's first talk he ever gave in conference. It was back in 1983 and it's called "Within the Clasp of Your Arms". I can not even begin to explain the Spirit that that talk brings. Believe it or not, if you were in our flat, you would have seen a 19 year old girl crying her eyes out at 8:30 in the morning. IT'S THAT GOOD. please go read it. 
Another one of my favorite things is first prayers. When we teach Atheists or people who were raised in a church and have only said recited prayers, and they pray for the first time, wow. I have never felt happier in my entire life. To see them starting a relationship with their Heavenly Father who has missed them SO MUCH. It truly is incredible. 
We also had the opportunity to do a zone fast for Elder Narine this week. Please keep him in your prayers. He's our district leader who is in the hospital with shingles and has been sick for about 2 months. He is from Guyana and hasn't talked to his family since he left on his mission 18 months ago. Can you imagine? So please pray for him. He is an incredible missionary and an even more incredible district leader. He made me feel so welcome my first week here and he's just all around a fantastic person. We are going to go see him in the hospital today. 
Anyways, I just wanted to share a little about the time i am having here. Missions are the best and I've already built my testimony so much and continue to do so. There is nothing better I could be doing with my time. Nothing. I miss Utah but this place has become my home away from home. I love you all and hope you have a pretty darn good week. :)
Love, Sister Peterson

1. #art (also, not our church)


















2. ENGLAND PRIDE, YO. ft.my way cute skirt that doesn't make me look like a grandma at all

No comments:

Post a Comment