Monday, April 18, 2016

#StraightOuttaTraining

or as Brenna Lawson would say, GREENIE BUSTEDDDD. i am finally a real missionary now. basically, i dont have to do an hour of training every morning which is so great cause that got old way fast haha. can you believe its been 3 MONTHS. i'm already on my third transfer and after that, i only have 10 left :( but i am definitely enjoying every day as it comes. 

This week I got split up from my best friend. Sis Froerer got moved to Doncaster and is area book training! Which means she is training a new missionary in an area she's never been. Bless her. I pray for her a lot cause I can't imagine how hard that would be but she can basically do anything. I miss her a ton though! We had a lesson with Ron the day before she left and he told us: "If i had granddaughters, I'd want them to be just like you two."  Ron doesnt give compliments so i definitely wrote that in my journal. 

So you know all that praying i've asked you to do for Ron? It's paying off! He asked us what he'll wear to his baptism and if he can wear shoes in the font. He's NEVER asked that before. And he has no more concerns, he just wants us to come over and go over his BOM reading with him. i was terrified with Sis Froerer leaving becuase Ron knows the Bible like the back of his hand, and so does Sis Forerer so they could just talk all day about it and then after i'd step in with the lesson and stuff. But now he has no questions about the Bible and just wants to talk about the BOM which I can definitely do. We challenged him to pick a baptismal date with the Lord and not tell us and he has. And now i'm really mad we told him he didn't have to tell us because I really want to know. So every time I see him i ask about the date and im hoping to squeeze it out of him soon. He said he'll tell me before transfers in 7 weeks but im hoping to annoy him with my persistence. 

The fire alarm went off in the church yesterday because someone left the oven on so we all had to stand outside for like a half hour because no one knew how to turn it off. The oven is fine but good thing England fire fighters aren't concerned because we sure were haha. 

I'm sure i've mentioned this before but I LOVE PONTEFRACT. No matter what happens or what hard times i'm going through there is always someone in the ward who can cheer me up and makes me feel at home. I never want to leave this place and am grateful for every day I get to spend here. 

This week I have learned so much. I'm leading the area with a new companion so I've been flying solo on a lot of things but it's made me grow and rely on the Lord more than I ever had so I am so grateful for the experience. My new companion is Sister Cockburn and She's from New Zealand and we've had a lot of fun. I hope you all have had a great week too!

Love, Sister Peterson

1. England and their tiny roads


2. a day at the castle with our good friend Peter


No comments:

Post a Comment