Monday, April 25, 2016

Suns Out, Burns Out

This week was SO HOT. I got sunburnt on my face really bad on Tuesday and it still hasn't gone away. But it's better than rain and snow so i'm not complaining. 

This week I decided to do a sequel on #YourWeeklyDoseOfCrazyEnglishPhrases and change it to #TheCrazyEnglishPhrasesINowSay. So here is a list of things I now and say and will probably say when i get back home:
I'm not bothered
Bless you (not what you say after you sneeze btw)
Sorry? (instead of "what?")
Anyroad
Cheers

This place grows on you. Something that I learned this week was that saying D&C instead of Doctrine and Covenants is SUPER offensive. I said it in a lesson and this guy told me for like 10 minutes why I shouldn't say it. So I won't be saying that anymore. Also, I'm teaching my companion the American accent when we read the white handbook out loud every morning and it's hilarious. 

Miracle of the week:
We basically are only teaching Ron right now and we've really struggled finding people to teach and last week was really rough. Sister Cockburn actually said "I don't know what we're supposed to learn here but I think we're supposed to learn something." and it made me laugh because it was so true. So on Saturday the York sisters came down and did finding with us for 2 hours. They were supposed to come at 12:30 but there was traffic so they didn't come until 1 and for that half hour me and Sister Cockburn just were not in the mood to find. We had no energy and were really discouraged so we decided to pray and ask Heavenly Father if we should go to the castle and find or if we should knock. We both felt strongly after that we should go to the castle. On our way to the castle, we ran into this guy that had met the missionaries before and was open to hear from us again and we got a return appointment! And then we kept walking towards the castle and talked to this guy standing outside his house with his dog and he said he was in a rock band so we asked if he could play something on his guitar for us and he let us in! He is INCREDIBLE at the guitar and he played for us and then let us hold his pet tortoise and we got another return appointment! And THEN, I went knocking with Sister Koepf and we got 5 more potentials. It was one of the best days of my mission and it all started with being discouraged and saying a prayer. So whenever you're discouraged, SAY A PRAYER. 
But wait, that's not all. 
Yesterday we had 1 hour before we went to tea and decided to try by 2 former investigators from like 2010. We went to both of their houses, neither of them live there anymore, but the 2 people who live there now, were both really interested and we got return appointments from both of them! (one of them is actually best friends with the bishop) 

So moral of the story, missions are really hard but after you've gone through the hard part, you forget about why it was hard and you just keep going. I am so grateful to be here and love it every day. Have a good week everyone :)

love, Sister Peterson

1. Hugo the tortoise.  (sorry about my weird facial expression i was kinda nervous)


2. haha the only picture me and Sis Cockburn have of eachother. this is also featuring a prize-winning american bulldog.


No comments:

Post a Comment