Monday, June 6, 2016

My call to Hogwarts

Guys, Alnwick is gorgeous. It's like a giant Ackworth except you dont know what that looks like so it's like a giant LaCaille and if you dont know what that is, just know it is beautiful. 

So, saying goodbye to Ron was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I never cry, okay. I said goodbye to everyone else in Pontefract, some of my best friends and didn't shed a tear. But then we went to Ron's and had our last lesson and I was doing just great, he told me the impact I had on him and thanked me for everything and we gave him a frame with our picture of his baptism in it and it was a really great time. And then he said the closing prayer and I lost it. He basically thanked Heavenly Father for sending me to him and how sad he was that we had to say goodbye. I just started bawling. I feel like I had a child and then left and now I don't get to see him take his first steps or say his first words. Ron is going to get the priesthood this month, take the sacrament for the first time as a member, and go to the temple. AND I'M MISSING IT. I know it doesnt really matter, but it just meant a lot to me. 

Anyways, my new companion is Sister Jager and she is German. She's not very German for being a German though cause she's SO NICE. And we're a lot alike so its good :) She looks JUST like Jeni though it kinda weirds me out. On my way to Alnwick I met up with some of the Elders from the MTC that i havent seen in ages so that was so fun :) And one of my favorite Sisters ever, Sister Koepf, is up here with me! She was in my district serving in York and now she's serving in New Castle which is in my zone so i love seeing her sometimes :) 

This Wednesday is President's LAST zone conference and im so excited. im devastated that he's leaving but zone conferences are the best. I have to say the opening prayer in front of like 150 missionaries but its fine.

The only downside of Alnwick is that the people here are super posh so they're super #notbothered. But we still found some cool people this week so im excited for this transfer. 

I love you all and wish you the best!

Love, Sister Peterson

1-4: saying goodbye to my Ponty Pals
5: the Harry Potter castle im going to today
6. Alnwick
7: doesnt she look like Jeni?
8-9: the beach! this is the North Sea

10: more Alnwick










No comments:

Post a Comment