Monday, July 18, 2016

"I'm just dying right now, but besides that I'm fine."

A famous quote from Sister Jager this week but I can definitely relate. 

So in our mission we have a weekly goal for every week of 16 finding hours and 10 lessons. This week we did 32 finding hours and 12 lessons. At the end of the day I have to sit and rub my feet for a while to get circulation back in them haha. MISSIONARY WORK IS THE BEST. It's funny because while we are literally out knocking doors and finding all day, talking to strangers, and running to lessons, I can't help but just love it. 

It's crazy how much the mission changes you. I'm reading the talk "The Fourth Missionary" and I loved when he said: "The purpose and central blessing of life is change. It is to be changed to become more like Jesus Christ. It is to incorporate into your character, the qualities of His character. It is to move from one degree of intelligence and capacity to the next, and from there to the next, until you see God face to face and know Him as He knows you." WOW. Change means that you're doing something right. I've always hated change and I used to love to stay in my comfort zone but now I understand that if you're not moving, you're not living the Gospel of Jesus Christ because repentance means change! And that's something I really had to learn out here. 

President Pilkington was describing me to our district one time and said that back home the only word that would come to my mind was 'terror' when thinking about talking to strangers. And in his exact words he said: "Now she's hunting them down!" haha which is kinda true. I'm a lot better at stopping strangers on the street and talking about God then I am teaching a member lesson. But hey! everyone's different.

Speaking of district meetings, my district leader has this new thing now that in the middle of district meetings every week we have a 'Musical Item' which is basically just me playing the piano for 5 minutes while everyone sits and listens. I LOVE IT. i used to be terrified of playing in front of people but now i play in sacrament every week so i've gotten over that fear.

Missions and this Church are about change and you just gotta go with what life gives you. 

I love you all, but God loves you more. :)
Love, Sister Peterson

My mini me

Another kitten to bless your day

No comments:

Post a Comment