Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"All you guys do is eat and clean"

-- direct quote from our district leader. Really though I feel like
that's all we do.

It was my companions 6 month mark so I made her chocolate chip cookies
and managed to burn every single one of them. I forgot the vanilla
too. IM SO GOOD AT BAKING. :-)

Door approach of the week:
When they open the door, Sister Chiu starts talking to them in Chinese
and then I go, "Sorry, my friend here is from Taiwan and she forgets
she's in England sometimes" and then I say to Sister Chiu, "English,
English." And then I say to them, "is it alright if she practices some
English on you?" And then she tells them about the church in really
slow English.

I've slowly come to know that if we understand the plan of salvation,
everything else falls into place. So many people complain about how
our church as so many rules and and reading and praying every single
day and going to church every week is just too much work. But like it
says in 3 Nephi, the Lord will "open you the windows of heaven, and
pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive
it" IF you keep His commandments. Heavenly Father doesn't give us
commandments just because it's fun or just to test our obedience, He
does it because He loves us. He wants to protect us from the pain and
sadness that we feel when we start to do things our way when really,
His way is the easy way. If we obey His commandments, we don't have to
worry about addiction or rely on drugs or alcohol to make us
temporarily happy, we can find true and lasting happiness through the
Gospel of Jesus Christ. Everything about the plan of salvation is a
win-win situation. It is tailored to our benefit and was made just for
us. Of course we're not always gonna be happy 100% of the time but we
can be at peace knowing it will all work out in the end.

**** BREAKING NEWS ****

AT ZONE CONFERENCE THEY ANNOUNCED THERE WILL BE A MISSION CONFERENCE
WHERE A MEMBER OF THE 12 OR 70 WILL COME AND SPEAK AND THE ENTIRE
MISSION WILL COME TOGETHER FOR IT. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?? THIS
MEANS I GET TO SEE ALL MY BEST FRIENDS AGAIN. I GET TO SEE SISTER
CONNOLLY WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN IN 8 MONTHS. THIS MEANS I GET TO SEE
SISTER FROERER WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN IN 5 MONTHS. THIS MEANS I GET TO SEE
SISTER COCKBURN WHO I HAVEN'T SEEN IN 3 MONTHS. YOU GUYS I AM SO
HAPPY.

Anyways, I guess there's now students from Minnesota living in the
castle so my coolness rate of being from America just went way down.

I LOVE ENGLAND.
💛 Sista Pete

My friends
Every night during studies she lights this little candle and calls
it her "little pet"
Yum :)
Our view while knocking
Zone conference
Alnwick castle and gardens
Our view during exercise this morning 😍


No comments:

Post a Comment