Monday, September 19, 2016

I found my Ron Huby

Hiya. Wow what a week and I have so much to tell you.

For starters, the castle is closed down because they're filming the
new Transformers movie in it. I've seen them filming a helicopter
scene but I have yet to see anyone famous. I've never watched
Transformers though so I probably wouldn't recognize them if I did.
WHAT A TIME TO BE SERVING IN ALNWICK, AM I RIGHT.

Haha so President and Sister Turvey came to our district meeting and
they were talking to me and Sister Chiu after and he asked me how long
I'd been serving in Alnwick and I said this was my third transfer and
he's like, "Oh, so not too long." And I kinda bursted out a laugh by
accident and Sister Turvey's like, "yeah you can say that cause you've
never served there!" And then after a little chat I'm now convinced
I'm getting transferred because he said that he's gonna keep in mind
not to keep missionaries there too long so they don't go crazy. We'll
see.

Guys, I found my Ron Huby. We are teaching an inactive member and have
for a couple weeks now and on Tuesday during his lesson, I sat there
and all of the sudden realized, here I am again in Ron Huby's house
doing the same thing I was doing 6 months ago. For the past 2 months
we've been helping Tommy quit smoking (which I'm convinced is the sole
purpose I'm on my mission), he's in his 60's and has a dog, our
lessons are purely run by asking inspired questions, and he's really
stubborn. A couple weeks ago I was fasting and praying to Heavenly
Father to give me someone to work on. I was thinking back to
Pontefract and how I was so focused and so lost in the work and I
wanted to feel that way again and I realized it was because I was
eating, breathing, and thinking about Ron. All my personal study, comp
study, revelation throughout the day was always focused on how can we
help Ron take that step of faith and be baptised. We would even keep a
sticky note in our planners throughout the week and jot down thoughts
or questions we were gonna ask Ron in our next lesson. And I was so
happy and felt like I was actually fulfilling my purpose. And in my 4
months of being here we've had 0 progressing investigators which has
been REALLY hard. So I asked Heavenly Father to please just send me
someone I can focus on and can lose myself studying for and help come
closer to Christ. And he sent me Tommy :) I am SO excited to be a tool
in the Lord's hands and help him strengthen his relationship with
Jesus Christ and his Heavenly Father. I have now started my Tommy
sticky note. Please pray for him, he could really use it. :)

I read this cool talk called "But if not..." about our life here on
Earth and having complete unshaken faith in Heavenly Father and there
was a part I liked that said, "He has the power, but it’s our test.
What does the Lord expect of us with respect to our challenges? He
expects us to do all we can do. He does the rest. Nephi said, “For we
know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.” We
must have the same faith as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. Our God
will deliver us from ridicule and persecution, but if not. … Our God
will deliver us from sickness and disease, but if not … . He will
deliver us from loneliness, depression, or fear, but if not. … Our God
will deliver us from threats, accusations, and insecurity, but if not.
… He will deliver us from death or impairment of loved ones, but if
not, … we will trust in the Lord. Our God will see that we receive
justice and fairness, but if not. … He will make sure that we are
loved and recognized, but if not. … We will receive a perfect
companion and righteous and obedient children, but if not, … we will
have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that if we do all we can
do, we will, in His time and in His way, be delivered and receive all
that He has." Their positive attitude is such a huge example to me
because I've really tried these last three transfers to stay positive
despite our lack of investigators and this was a really nice pump up
jam. I liked it.

In district meeting, the topic was about revelation and how God speaks
to us and President shared a really good scripture which is also in
PMG and its 1 Kings 19:11-12, "And he said, Go forth, and stand upon
the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a
great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the
rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the
wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: And after
the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the
fire a still small voice." God has always spoke to prophets back then
and will speak to us today and always through the Spirit as a still
small voice. The world tries to get everything so loud and busy so we
have to really try to quiet things down so we can hear what Heavenly
Father's trying to tell us. I thought it was a perfect scripture and
SO relatable.

We made a new friend. Our branch mission leaders wife asked if we
could help her paint her moms house every Thursday morning for the
next couple months and me and Sister Chiu are STOKED. She is seriously
the funniest woman I have ever met and we get to hang out with her and
paint for a couple hours. I'm so excited.

Well, transfer calls are on Sunday so I'll let you know what happens!

BYE.


Sister Peterson

Zone BBQ


I literally opened my door and this cat came and laid on my lap purring and licking me. Words can't describe ❤️ hahah

Englannnnnnd


Sis Chiu and her clear noodles


A library we taught a lesson at 😍


Call me Katniss


I caved and bought this last week. Totally in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment