Monday, October 24, 2016

"Five General Authorities came and spoke to us"

^^^ inside joke with President Nelson 

MAN, SATURDAY WAS SO GOOD. We had to sleep over at the Aycliffe sisters flat and woke up at 4 am and was on the road at 4:45. We got to Billingham and then took a coach to Huddersfield for 2 hours and then I was reunited with all my best friends. It was so weird having everyone in one place but I loved it so much!

Then things got real. We all filed into the chapel and sat down listening to prelude music and then a choir of missionaries sang beautifully to us and then we listened to some more prelude music and THEN they came. We all stood up and five general authorities with their wives one after another came in and stood at the front of the chapel along with President Russell M. Nelson and his wife. Then we all got to go down the row of them and shake each of their hands and shaking President Nelson's hand was the coolest experience. And his wife is so cute. 

I went with a question in mind and every single one of the speakers answered it in a different way. It's amazing how if you come prepared to something you can draw things out of the speakers through the Spirit. Since making things into sentences would take too long here are my notes from conference in their glorious note form:
  • We are not just the Savior's servants, we are his friends
  • DON'T STRESS
  • If you ever feel like you shouldn't be here, remember who your Father is
  • If you're letting the world tell you who you are, they'll get it wrong every time
  • The first words of this dispensation were, "Joseph, this is my Beloved Son, Hear Him." He knew his name, He knows your name. 
  • Every day you should be pumped to go out and share the message
  • Repeat the Articles of Faith to yourself and replace "We believe" with "I believe"
  • The Restoration is not an event, but is ongoing
  • This mission has a fantastic reputation built up over the years
  • You either need to be a little more gentle on yourself or a little more challenging on yourself. Which one are you?
  • When you take notes, go through and underline the actions you're gonna take
  • Enjoy your service
  • BE HAPPY
  • Begin to grow up in the Lord
  • "That who I am I cannot give to you, become like me."
  • "Thy will is done" --> "I came and I did it"
  • There's a reason why you're here
  • "Have you decided what kind of missionary you want to be?"
  • "Lovest thou me more than these (worldly things)?"
  • Will we show up at the Second Coming as one of His disciples?
  • "How did you know?" "I didn't know, the Lord knew."
  • This is the Saturday night of the Sabbath of the world
  • What's gonna happen about the gathering of Israel today?
  • *President Nelson talking about becoming the senior apostle* "Everyone above me had to die for me to get here. You think it's a laughing matter but for me it's not!" πŸ˜‚

I can't put into words how lucky I am to have been able to hear the words of a living day apostle directed towards us 200 missionaries. At the end of the conference we all stood up while President Nelson and the others left and just before he walked down the stairs from the stand he looked at us and said, "Well... bye!" And then he waved to us all and we waved back while he mouthed the words, "I love you". ❤️ I couldn't help it, I lost it at that point. He's just so cute. 

And then yesterday two of the authorities picked our stake to have a special stake conference and they came and spoke to us again and every single one of their talks was incredible. I've never felt the Spirit stronger in a meeting. Man, I wish I could just bottle it up and send it home. SO GOOD. 

As you can tell this week was killer and now I'll spend the next 9 months catching up on all the sleep I lost. BYE. 
Sister Pete xxx

P.s. We had interviews with President and Sister Turvey this week and in my interview with Sister Turvey she wrote in her notes: "Sister Peterson smokes weed" (I won't explain) and in Sister Savelio's interview she literally told President I was "fresh to death" SUCCESSFUL DAY. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

P.s.s. In a lesson: 
Me: "Do you pray before you smoke to help you resist the temptation?"
Jean: "I pray after... to say thank you." *mic drop*

(In this same lesson, Jean said her second prayer out loud and it's a prayer I will never forget❤️️)

Tryin' on Savelio's glasses 😎
I mowed my first lawn! IN OCTOBER
My good ol' comps (Froerer, Connolly, Cockburn, and Savelio). (minus JΓ€ger and Chiu)
Look at all those Elders
Sister Marston forgot her name tag so she borrowed mine and DIY'ed it. You should've seen the authorities face when they each read her name tag hahah. 

I MISS THIS GIRL πŸ’”

No comments:

Post a Comment