Monday, January 30, 2017

新年快乐🏮

Transfer news: I'm staying with Sister So in Sheffield and it's her
last transfer! So I have a number one priority to make it her best
transfer ever.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I'm very lucky that I get to teach Chinese people around Chinese New
Year because they go allll out. I've eaten more Chinese food this week
than I have my whole life.

This week I don't have much to say so it'll be short but I learned
some good lessons this week. For one, I learned that we are not here
to judge others. We are just here to love others. We are all on our
own timelines of obedience/growth/trials so we have no room to judge!
Let's just help each other along. I'm sure you've all heard this talk
from Elder Dale G. Renlund:

"Some years ago a wonderful young man named Curtis was called to serve
a mission. He was the kind of missionary every mission president prays
for. He was focused and worked hard. At one point he was assigned a
missionary companion who was immature, socially awkward, and not
particularly enthusiastic about getting the work done.

One day, while they were riding their bicycles, Curtis looked back and
saw that his companion had inexplicably gotten off his bike and was
walking. Silently, Curtis expressed his frustration to God; what a
chore it was to be saddled with a companion he had to drag around in
order to accomplish anything. Moments later, Curtis had a profound
impression, as if God were saying to him, “You know, Curtis, compared
to me, the two of you aren’t all that different.” Curtis learned that
he needed to be patient with an imperfect companion who nonetheless
was trying in his own way.

My invitation to all of us is to evaluate our lives, repent, and keep
on trying. If we don’t try, we’re just latter-day sinners; if we don’t
persevere, we’re latter-day quitters; and if we don’t allow others to
try, we’re just latter-day hypocrites. As we try, persevere, and help
others to do the same, we are true Latter-day Saints. As we change, we
will find that God indeed cares a lot more about who we are and about
who we are becoming than about who we once were."

So don't judge! Just give hugs. (Direct quote from me I just made up)

Love you bye!

Sister Peterson

Chinese food overload
Carrots and yogurt- limited edition
I found my cat look-alike!!!
Winter gardens 😍
OG again

Peace gardens 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment