Monday, January 9, 2017

One Year Older and Wiser too?

In the words of a rap that was written for me:

Yo whuddup my name is Sister Pete
I come around here and I ain't fresh meat. 

Last Friday I hit my year mark! Woohoo fun. I'm really sad because I only have six months left in the land of fish and chips and Yorkshire puddings. :( But it's been so interesting to read my journal pages/emails home from a year ago and see how green I was. It's been a long and amazing journey and there is no other place in the world I would rather of spent this past year so I am SO GRATEFUL. I'm gonna steal an idea from my trainer and give you a year in preview of the little lessons I've learned each month of my mission, every day has been a new experience and a new lesson but I'll give you a quick highlight reel:

January: I'm lucky to have an incredible family that makes it so hard to say goodbye to

February: if I can survive an English winter, I can survive anything

March: when I focus all my time and effort on others rather than myself, missionary work no longer becomes just "work"

April: I had the best trainer and she helped me build a great foundation for the rest of my mission

May: Ron's baptism was truly in God's time, not our time, and it was perfect 

June: Alnwick was the part of my mission I could label my 'refiners fire'

July: I celebrated my six months mark and set goals of where I wanted to be my next six months and I actually achieved half of them!

August: driving in England in the summer is ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

September: patience is an attribute I realised I don't have

October: I met my new best friend Sister Savelio and she taught me lessons on my mission I will never forget

November: Scarlet's baptism taught me that each investigator is different and progresses at their own rate and they're NOT just a number

December: my mission is really weird

I have really fallen in love with my mission and I'm grateful for every day I get to be here. I'm grateful for everyone that's been through this with me and all the support I've gotten. I LOVE YOU. 

Sister Pete

When Carrey decided he wanted to get baptised on 17/1/17 (yayyyyy!!!)
Winter sunset
Happy birthday to meee (this stuff is super hard to find)
Hmmm... wall art
This was the coolest thing, it will only show up when it rains
More than happy to be in Sheffield 
One happy family in our matching sushi shirts (our cute little pig we use in finding)

No comments:

Post a Comment