Monday, January 2, 2017

Sheffield's Rockin' New Years Eve

Heyyy 2017 I'm so super pumped about this year. New Years Eve was fun we stayed up till midnight and then watched the fireworks all over the city. We live in a really tall apartment building that looks over Sheffield so we got to see fireworks all over and it was so cool. It was so funny to reflect on where I was a year ago and where I am now. Cute little me was getting ready to leave on a mission in 5 days and I had no idea what was coming. I LOVE MY MISSION. That's all. 

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY. So side note, the holidays are great but rubbish for buses and trams. I'm so happy they go back to normal today because last night we walked an hour and a half to our tea appointment and back because no buses. :( Happy New Year! Anyways, we had just walked for an hour to our lesson with Carrey, our investigator who reeeally needs to get baptised soon cause he's been investigating for like a year and a half, and he decided FOR HIMSELF that he wants to fast about his baptismal date he chose FOR HIMSELF of January 21st and so he started fasting last night and we'll find out tonight how it went. He is so sweet and we are so proud of him ๐Ÿ˜Š

One morning I had this huge study about prayer and it changed everything. I found an article in the New Era that just came out that is called "Five Questions to Ask When Prayers Feel Unanswered" and they are: 
1. Am I ready to act on the answer?
2. Have I done everything in my power?
3. Have I ignored the answer?
4. Are my desires righteous?
5. Is it the right time?

I loved the last three questions. Have I ignored the answer? She writes, "Heavenly Father always hears you, so it’s possible that He has already answered your prayer! As it says in Doctrine and Covenants 6:14, “As often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit.” You can pray for the spiritual eyes to recognise the answer, because prayers are sometimes answered in subtle or indirect ways--like through the actions of others. Also, don’t forget to take time to listen. Elder Richard G. Scott explained: “[Heavenly Father’s] answers will seldom come while you are on your knees praying. … Rather, He will prompt you in quiet moments when the Spirit can most effectively touch your mind and heart."

Are my desires righteous? "If you ever asked for something that wasn’t in your best interest, it’s pretty likely your request wasn’t granted. The Savior taught that we “must always pray unto the Father in [Jesus Christ’s] name” (3 Nephi 18:19), which suggests that we ask for things that are right so they can be granted. Ask yourself, “How would the Savior feel about my wants?” If your wishes are rooted in selfishness or any other form of unrighteousness, pray to have a change of heart and to know what the Savior would have you desire."

And lastly, is it the right time? "What we ask for must be right, but the timing must be right too. Heavenly Father has a grand plan in store for us, but our schedule is sometimes a little different from His. “My words are sure and shall not fail. … But all things must come to pass in their time” (D&C 64:31–32). It might mean waiting a little bit longer for that injury to heal or for a lost pet to be found, and sometimes the Lord’s timing includes the next life--but you can be sure that He will hear and help you along the way. It can be hard to be patient, especially when the answer to your prayer isn’t obvious. But as you search, you can take courage in knowing that you will always find the answers you need if you seek with real intent: “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”

It's funny because I didn't even plan what I wanted to study but everything that morning was connected to prayer. Just as God created the earth first spiritually, and then temporally, we too must start our days spiritually with a mighty morning prayer and scripture study to attack the temporal things of the day. 

Life is good and England is wet. 
Love ya,
Sister Peterson

I told my comp to look "real OG" and this is what I got ๐Ÿ˜Ž 
Our study room masterpiece
Sheffield kills it once again ๐Ÿ˜
Asian noodles that looks like wood
Idk what to say about this
Standing on the sky ๐ŸŒ™ 

My Chinese lesson
video

Playing pianos at the train station
video


Probably the funniest video I've ever seen (playground fun gone wrong) hahahah
video

No comments:

Post a Comment