Tuesday, February 7, 2017

We're Humans Too

Hiya guys. I hope you're all enjoying winter over there! We had a
celebrity appearance of the sun for a few hours a couple days ago and
I'll hold that experience dear to my heart, something very rare that
happens here in England. But all is good, this week was a learning
curve with some up's and down's and a lot of humility.

My cute companion gave me a very sweet surprise this week. So for the
last 7 weeks I've been here in Sheffield, we've seen like a thousand
Uni students with either a Sheffield Hallam University sweatshirt or a
University of Sheffield sweatshirt and I'VE WANTED ONE SO BAD. (If you
know me I have an addiction for buying sweatshirts) They have a couple
different kinds for both Uni's and I would explain to her probably
everyday that I couldn't decide if I wanted a Hallam one or a Uni Of
one and which design I wanted and what colour, so finally about 2
weeks ago I decided on a Sheffield Hallam University sweatshirt that
was a burgundy colour with a laurel wreath on it. And I was so excited
to buy one and I was so ready (and then I got a £95 speeding ticket in
the mail so that wiped my bank account out) and I had to come to terms
that I couldn't buy one anymore. But then this past Saturday, Sister
So and I were sitting outside of a member's flat building waiting for
them to come down and all of the sudden one of my favourite members,
Dominic, came by on his bike, took off his backpack, pulled out 2
Sheffield Hallam sweatshirts and a cheesecake, put it on my lap, and
then rode away. IT WAS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE. And it was all Sister So's
idea, and the best part was that she did it for my 13 months mark
because I told her no one celebrates their 13 months mark because 13
is a lame number. ❤ So cute and so grateful.

Okay I want to share something with you guys that is very real. My
companion and I have both been questioning things recently that has
made me really realize that missionaries are humans too. Just because
we've devoted all our time and efforts into the gospel 24 hours a day
7 days a week doesn't mean that we're perfect. Sometimes we
struggle with our testimonies too, sometimes we can't feel God's love
too, and sometimes we feel like He's not even there. But I guess if
our testimonies were perfect, we'd have nothing to teach about. Even
though patience can be hard, I know God answers our prayers in His own
timing.  So keep praying! And keep waiting. :) Loooove you bye!

Sister Peterson

Officially Sheffield Hallam :)
Sheffield Fam
No more monkeys jumping on the bed (broken bed part 2)
Chinese New Year Party
Dying So-So and Peng's hair 😬
Bowling today! We also did mini golf and laser tag and now I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment