Monday, March 13, 2017

Like whaaat just happened...

Ummmm okay.

I'm writing this email with half a broken heart because just an hour
ago my cute little Sister So was taken from me. 😢 And not only that,
but Sister Froerer has left as well and I am officially an orphan.
There's nothing like being ripped away from two of your best friends
at once and not knowing when I'll see Sister So again. It's times like
these where I wish at least ONE of my companions could've been from
Utah (let alone America), but no. Sometimes I wonder what God's
purpose is in doing this to me but so far I've come up with the reason
that I get along with foreigners better than Americans which is okay
with me.

Saying goodbye to your family is one thing. Saying goodbye to your
mission family is a whole new heartache. But God be with her till we
meet again. ❤️

Oh, also, we had a baptism yesterday! SURPRISE. We were talking to
Swift a week ago about being baptised and he's like "Ask me again in
April" and we're like okayyy maybe. And all last week we were like,
should we push for the 18th of March? Ask him about the 25th? Maybe
just wait till April. So we were talking to our district leader on
Thursday about it and decided to get on our knees and ask Heavenly
Father what we should do. After the prayer, Sister So had a strong
impression that we should stick with the 18th of March and I actually
disagreed haha and said we should do the 25th. But we ended up just
waiting until Friday to talk to Swift about it face to face.

In our lesson with him on Friday, he sat down and when we asked him
how he was he said "not good" and he didn't look good either. My
missionary nerves felt a 'drop' coming on and so we asked him what was
wrong and he said that after I talked to him on the phone Wednesday
night he got a really really bad feeling. In my head I was like WHAT
DID I SAY and then he went on and said "I put down the phone and just
sat there feeling really bad and I decided I'm done learning." my
heart dropped. And then he quickly said "I mean learning as in
University. Like I don't want to go to school anymore, I just want to
get a job" haha Sister So and I had the BIGGEST sigh of relief. So we
preceded to teach him about fasting and tithing and about halfway
through the lesson he's like "I know where you guys are going with
this. I'll donate to your church even though I don't have a salary,
okay?" Haha Swift is legit. And then without us even bringing it up,
HE ASKED US IF HE COULD GET BAPTISED THE 18TH OF MARCH.
And then I was like WHAT ABOUT TUESDAY
And then Sister So was like WHAT ABOUT TOMORROW
And then we calmed down a bit and we're like WHAT ABOUT SUNDAY
So we decided on Sunday. Even though it was two days away, we were too
pumped that Sister So could be there that we went into crazy planning
made and boom he got baptised.

It was a really great service, we had so much help from the members
and Swift was so chill. I think he liked it haha. And since he
switched to gum when he gave up smoking, we passed out a piece of gum
to everyone and had them write a note to Swift on the wrapper and then
we gave them to him in one of his gum container things. Such a good
day.

Also we got transfer calls and I am now Sister Training Leader here in
Sheffield and my new companion is Sister Shaw. I'm so pumped because
I've served around her before and she's so chill and fun. Annnnd she's
going home this transfer so I get to kill off another missionary. 😑
hahah and it's a 5 week transfer so it'll go lickety split.

Well that's about it. Bye!

Sister Peterson

Our last pday :'(
Sister So wrote me a note to read every day until I go home just so
I won't forget her ❤️
We made Yorkshire puddings mmmm
Sheffield squad
My baby :)
Her last haircut
This basically sums up knocking in England
YAY SWIFT (I found out that his name is swift because his Chinese
name translates to fast)
Sister So's farewell dinner

The funniest investigator ever, Margarita

No comments:

Post a Comment